Dharma Research for Environment Foundation (“DREF”) is a foundation authorized by the National Cultural Committee, Office of the Prime Minister to be registered as a foundation under the name ‘Dharma Research for Environment Foundation’ since January 6, 1993, with objectives for proceedings as follows:
- To promote educational research relating to the principles of the Buddhist religion;
- To promote meditation practice;
- To arrange for publications of books or other various documents to publicize knowledge relating to Buddhism and the environment;
- To promote education and research relating to herbs and wild plants;
- To proceed for public benefit or cooperate with other charity organizations for public benefit;
- To proceed in the promotion of the population to love the forest and make better of the environment by applying the principles of the Buddhist teachings;
- To not take part in any political proceedings.
From the time of establishment of DREF until present, the working committee of DREF has proceeded according to the set objectives, with primary focus to improve righteousness in the minds of people of all groups, by absorbing the principles of the Buddhist teachings into the minds for the benefit of improvement of both self and the environment.